The FRA was a party to a recent VCAT Hearing to determine the future of a proposed apartment development at 88 Kerr Street, 380 Fitzroy Street and 71-75 Argyle Street
The Tribunal has issued an interim approval that has provided the applicant with the opportunity to address the issues raised during the Hearing by preparing amended plans. The following is a summary of the changes the Tribunal has required to be undertaken if the development is to proceed:
- The setting back of the uppermost floor of the “Kerr Street wing” so as to reduce its visibility from Brunswick street (or removal of this level).
- The reduction of one floor across the remainder of the development, including the west wing (the “Fitzroy Street wing”) and the ‘link’ building.
- Increased setbacks from Kerr Street at the upper levels and modified materiality in accordance with Mr Raworth’s recommendations.
- Further refinement of the Kerr Street façade, including Mr Sheppard’s recommendation of tying the ground floor to the upper two floors.
- Changes to limit overlooking of the open spaces to the Kerr Street dwellings.
- The adoption of a range of noise mitigating devices be included in the plans, including balcony screening, façade, and glazing treatments.